First posted nearly six years ago, this white bean chicken chili so delicious (as in, it’s one of my favorite soups), I decided not only did it need updated pictures and a few added notes but it deserved a moment in the spotlight again.
Poor little thing. Tragically buried and forgotten in the dusty, dark archives that is eight years of blogging.
我绝对喜欢这汤。它具有been known to win a chili cook-off or two, just in case you are wondering.
While it is unadorned in the pictures, we usually load our servings (yes, plural, because seconds are not optional) with all sorts of goodness: crushed tortilla chips, avocados, tomatoes, olives, cheese, sour cream.
我t’s delicious plain Jane or loaded to the max.
我’m so happy to reintroduce this soup to the world. If you’ve made it before, check out the notes in the recipe as I’ve made a few little changes over the years to make it creamier, easier and if possible, even more tasty.
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 (14.5 ounces each) cans Great Northern Beans or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cooked, diced chicken (or usethis skillet methodfor quick, cooked and shredded chicken)
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup salsa (see note)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack or mozzarella cheese (see note)
- 我n a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring often, until they are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 加入剩下的材料,除了cheese. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the soup comes to a simmer. Reduce the heat so the soup is simmering but not vigorously boiling and add the cheese one small handful at a time, stirring to let each addition melt before adding the next.
- Give the soup a good stir making sure all the cheese has melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste, if needed. Serve with additional toppings (optional): crushed tortilla chips, olives, sour cream, avocados, cilantro, tomatoes.
倍增: a single recipe of this soup doesn't make a whole lot - I always double it for our family of seven (five kids, two adults). Of course, it goes a bit further if adding on toppings so keep that in mind.
起司：最初的食谱张贴了马苏里拉奶酪。这是非常好吃的，偶尔我仍然可以使用它，但在大多数情况下，我已经改为使用Monterey杰克以获得许多奶油和更顺畅的纹理。顺便提一下，切达干酪似乎在这里效果很好 - 这有点油腻，不会融化。
Salsa: also, the salsa in this recipe is quite important - use a salsa that has great flavor as it is a key component to the soup. A salsa with a lot of heat is obviously going to make the soup spicy. I like to use a mild or medium salsa (Trader Joe's chunky sals or fire-roasted salsa are two of my favorites). And if you want to change it up a bit, using a green salsa is a wonderful variation. You can probably tell this soup is endlessly adaptable.
Turkey:don't forget that leftover, cooked turkey is delicious in this soup.