So delicious, so simple, and so versatile, these chili lime tacos with mango salsa and avocado cream are an incredible flavor explosion.
I’m now immersed in all things square foot gardening and hoping the effort is worth it. Please don’t tell me otherwise right now; I might cry.
Anyway, my point is, since I have a mountain of compost on my driveway to deal with (and thankfully four energetic boys to help, which is a nice way of saying throw dirt clods at each other while I man the wheelbarrow), I’m going to quickly encourage you to get right on with adding this chili lime chicken to your menu.
If all those components have you shaking your head in a big “no way, not gonna happen” motion, be reassured that every step of this recipe can (and should) be made ahead of time.
Either way = stellar results, so be sure to read through the recipe and notes.
Light and healthy and full of fresh, yummy flavors (that mango salsa just slays me), this chili lime chicken number is such a winner.
与Cinco de Mayo坐在拐角处，您的完美菜单可能是这些辣椒粉炸玉米饼tres leches cupcakes。
Fresh, seasonal vegetables
One Year Ago:甜味和辣猪肉和菠萝炸玉米饼
Two Years Ago:Whole Wheat Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Three Years Ago:Pretzel and Toffee Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies
- 2-3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1又1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1teaspoon paprika
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3.tablespoons fresh lime juice (from about 2-3 limes)
- 1-2 mangoes, peeled, pitted and diced (for about 1-2 cups chopped mango)
- 1/2 cup small diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2avocados (pitted and flesh scooped out)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Handful of fresh cilantro leaves (about 1/4 to 1/2 cup)
- Milk for consistency
- Tortillas for serving OR turn it into a main dish salad with romaine in place of the tortillas
- For the chicken, place the chicken in a ziploc bag or in a dish. Combine all the marinade ingredients (chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cayenne and lime juice) and pour over the chicken. Refrigerate for a couple of hours (up to 8 hours). Grill the chicken until cooked through (about 6-7 minutes per side on a grill preheated to medium-high heat). Alternately, the chicken can be pressure cooked at high pressure for 8 minutes; on an InstantPot, add the chicken and marinade ingredients PLUS 1/2 CUP LOW-SODIUM CHICKEN BROTH OR WATER, secure the lid and press manual --> 7 minutes (let the pressure cooker naturally release pressure when finished cooking). Let the chicken rest for 5 or so minutes before slicing into strips or shredding.
- To serve, top each tortilla with chicken, mango salsa, and avocado cream. You can also transition this very easily into a main dish salad by swapping out the tortillas for romaine lettuce.
提前: this recipe is so dreamy because all of the components can be prepped ahead of time. The chicken can sit in the marinade for up to 8 hours (conversely, I've also been pressed for time/lazy before and forgot to marinade and thrown all the chicken/marinade ingredients in the pressure cooker without marinading beforehand). The mango salsa can be prepped a day or so in advance and refrigerated, and the avocado cream can be made a couple hours ahead of time, too (even a couple days ahead of time if you don't mind the color darkening a bit).
压力锅: I forgot to mention in the recipe instructions below that if using the pressure cooker (stovetop or electric), you'll need to add a bit of extra liquid. Some people will tell you this isn't necessary but for safety reasons, a pressure cooker needs a certain amount of liquid to operate safely. I've updated the directions below.